Friday, April 20, 2007

Geez, Michelle, so demanding!

Well, since Michelle insists on pictures that I didn't get from Google image, here are a few:

We went to Assisi a few weeks ago:

That's the Umbrian countryside.

That's the Basilica of San Francesco (That's St. Francis, for those of you who don't speak the lovely Eye-talian language), from the medieval fortress to which we climbed. I don't have any good pictures of the medieval fortress, but it was awesome. I'm a sucker for a good medieval fortress.

Here's the ground in Assisi. Yes, I think pictures of the floor are cool. Alexa and Laura (my Laura), you can both just shut up! I've been taking pictures of cool floors ever since Pompeii, and you can thank yourselves.

When Matt was here, we went on a bike tour for his birthday:
Here are Amanda, me, Lauren, and Matt himself, with the Duomo in background. This was when we were still relatively low and hadn't climbed any real hills yet. Notice that Lauren made sure to take her helmet off before taking a picture.

Her priorities changed a little after a few hills.

There's the birthday boy!

Some Tuscan vineyards.

That day, we went to Parma, where I failed to take any interesting pictures, and then the next day to Bologna:
Here are Amanda and Lauren in Bologna. I think.

Here's a fountain in Bologna.

When we got back to Florence that night, we went to a bar to watch the Final Four game:
Amanda and Lauren at the Red Garter.
Hoya Saxa!

In more recent news, there's a mystery in my bathroom! Or else someone stole my toothbrush. Something like that. A few weeks ago, I realized I needed to change my toothbrush. It was getting worn. I had a spare in my room, but didn't bother to change it immediately. The next morning, though, when I woke up, my toothbrush was gone! [Shocked gasps from audience] I guess I threw it out the night before when I decided I needed to, and didn't remember in the morning. I didn't see it in the trash, which was funny, but I didn't really look very hard. I got my new toothbrush from my bathroom and brushed my teeth. And didn't think about it again until this morning, when my old toothbrush was in the garbage - on top of the garbage. Which has been emptied several times since my toothbrush disappeared. Which could only mean that it was thrown out that very morning. I don't care about the toothbrush. It needed to go. I was about to throw it out myself. But where the hell was it for two weeks? And who takes someone's toothbrush for two weeks and then throws it out? And what on earth was that person doing with my toothbrush for two weeks? I'm so curious! I'm trying to figure out how to casually ask around about it in Italian, but I think I'd just sound accusatory, which I wouldn't be. Just curious. Really, really, curious. My roommates are such nice, normal people. I could understand a normal person stealing money, or food, but a toothbrush? The most plausible answer I can come up with is a ghost.

Also, I got a postcard from Juan today. That makes him my new favorite friend. Take a hint, the rest of you! You could learn something from Mr. Mata.

No comments: